20170529

Arrival - Getting an inclination

Nivter Allusin stepped onto the docks of Aliren with confidence. His mind was not on the trivial matters of where to go next or what to do but rather on taking in the view. A slight breeze blew by him, blowing his neck length grey hair only slightly. His silver eyes darted around him, taking in all the sights of the docks. He watched for a short time as the dock workers unloaded a few crates smiling as they worked. As Nivter began to turn down the road ahead of him a child ran up to him.

"Hello sir! Could you please spare some change?" The child's voice was quiet compared to the rest of the hustle and bustle around Nivter but his keen elf ears picked up what the boy said.

"Hello young man! What do you need the money for?" Nivter's eyes seemed to narrow slightly at the boy but the look vanished quickly. His gaze remained on the boy with a seemingly all seeing look about him.

"I am so very hungry... none of the people here care about us orphans." The boy started to cry, "Please help me." Nivter looked around with just his eyes before taking on a pitying look.

"Ahh well... I am so sorry. I don't have any money on me. I just arrived from Dorwine and I spent all of my money on the trip here. I wish I could help but I just cannot right now." The boy looked up at Nivter with tears in his eyes. After a moment the boy saw the knowing look in Nivter's eyes, the boy had been caught scoping Nivter out for money. The boy dried his eyes and tipped his cap to Nivter as he ran into the crowd. Nivter sighed and began walking down the path to the center of town...

No comments:

Post a Comment